Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Tanks and LIGHTNIN Mixers Our pre-engineered packages are available for general mixing/medium agitation of up to 1000 gallons.
Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics tank and mixer packages are designed for liquids and liquid slurries only. We do not warrant these packages for any specific application; only general purpose mixing to these maximum limits:
- Solids-20% by weight
- Specific Gravity (batch)-1.2
- Viscosity-500 centipoise
LIGHTNIN Mixer Features
- Self-aligning, floating gears optimize load sharing and reduce wear
- Switchcord and plug are standard on single-phase units
- Oversized bearings for superior shaft support
- 115-volt, single-phase motors
- Standard 1-year warranty
- Permanently sealed lubrication
- Motors-Precision-matched to LIGHTNIN mixers. Direct drive or gear drive, depending on tank size. Chemical-resistant housings, 1/4-1/2 hp. Pre-engineered to applicable Saint-Gobain tanks and stands. Totally enclosed.
- Mounts-LIGHTNIN mixers clamp securely to steel support stands.
- Mixer Supports- Welded steel with chemical-resistant polyurethane paint. Pre-sized for proper mixer elevation. Integral part of stand for security and rigidity.
- Impellers-Cast 316 stainless steel impellers are supplied on all mixers. Mixer packages are supplied with one impeller.
- Shafts-All shafts are concentric, centerless ground, stainless steel.
- Explosion-proof motors
- LIGHTNIN mixers can be supplied with air motors for use in flammable or explosion-proof environment.
- Air motors operate using compressed air and require no electricity. These mixers provide an inherent variable-speed feature by merely adjusting your air-control valve and cannot overload.
- Tachometers for mixers larger than 55 gallons
- Special PVDF and PTFE shafts and impeller coatings